Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend wonderings and wanderings

We had a busy weekend this past weekend. Friday night we saw the latest Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises. It was great! A tad slow in parts and could have been 30 mins shorter but it was great none the less !

Saturday Master L had a birthday party so J and Master J hung out together and I had lunch and a shopping afternoon with my mum. We feasted on calamari, arancini balls and lamb meatballs with a gorgeous Sav Blanc from South Australia at a local Tapas restaurant. Picked up a great little caardi from Harris Scarfe (seriously! ) and a couple more scarves to add to my collection. I lurve a great scarf !


Saturday night was a lovely relaxing evening, steak with baked spuds and sour cream and salad for dinner, Sav Blanc and a movie (movie can't have been that great as I can't remember what we watched, oops!)

On Sunday J had a golf day so I did my best Nigella impersonation and got cooking in the kitchen. I baked some Choc chip cupcakes for RSPCA cupcake day on Monday.


Next Up I baked some sweet potato chunks and whole garlic cloves drizzled in olive oil and sea salt for a salad. It's our favourite, a mixture of baby spinch leaves, shaved parmesan, roasted sweet potato and toasted pine nuts with a dressing of balsamic salad dressing, divine !!!!!


We had slow roasted lamb shoulder with this, cooked on a bed of sliced potatoes and rosemary !

And that was another weekend done and dusted, wonder what the week has in store ?

Here another photo of the 'plus two'





No comments:

Post a Comment